Friday, January 12, 2007

Women's orders involved in higher education

Sister,
I have class soon, but I wanted to ask you a question.

Being online and blogging I've come across a noviate for the Society of Jesus. I have noticed that the SJ is rather scholarly and studious: in publications and academic environments. Are there such orders for women that are in professional writing or as professors in universities and such?

I ask because I'm fairly academic and like the learning environment a lot.


***
Dear Megan,
Yes! The SJ's are only men.

But there are orders like the Dominicans, Srs. of St. Joseph, Religious of the Sacred Heart of Mary, Religious of the Sacred Heart of Jesus, etc that teach at University level.

I could place you with one for the 7 11 day if you want.

Hope you have a good day!

Sr. Kathy


***
Awesome!!

No comments: