Tuesday, February 19, 2008

un-musical Lent

I feel like I am going mad this Lent. I have no sound whatsoever; although I'm not fasting for television, I also stear clear of this. Melodies of hymns sung at Mass on Sunday haunt me throughout the week.

This is not to say that my prayer life is not improving. I'm having deep conversations with God, outside of Adoration.

I think it was Friday morning, when the melody of Hosea struck me more than it had all week. I started playing around with words and phrases. I ended up with a prayer-song to God, but I can't replicate it here. I've since forgotten it. But below, I've put the verses and the ways I was playing around with them.

i love you
and seek your face
i long for you
and know your grace
i need you
and feel your healing presence

i love you
and seek your Life
i love you
and know your light
i need you
and feel your calavary

1 comment:

Hidden One said...

You are making a convincing argument for no music...