Thursday, October 28, 2010

Are some people only able to learn experientially?

---Post Edited 7:20pm October 29 ---

In looking at Jungian typology & the MBTI, I've noticed that there are people who cling to facts and figures, others to concepts and 'the principle of the matter,' and others yet to what they can get their hands on. Some people learn kinetically, visually, experientially, etc. So I had to wonder, after someone made an inane comment on Wednesday evening, if some people would have to be unfortunate enough to only really understand or 'get it' not by reading books or practicum but actual experience it in their own lives.

1 comment:

Rory Harris or RJ Harris said...

Can you give me an example of a situation that has put this question in your head?

I don't have to visit the moon to learn about it; although I am convinced I will never truly understand it completely without going there.