Monday, October 9, 2006

Am I projecting onto God?

I wonder if I am projecting my own feelings into which order God wants me to join. Why am I still curious about monastic and contemplative orders if I am not to join them? Am I to join them? or not? Why do I find myself wanting more and more silence? wanting less and less people? More and more union with God? With Christ? With Mary and all the Saints? When can I leave this Earth, so I can be with God? If I finish my God-given tasks, fulfill His Will sooner, will I go Home sooner? How can I know His will like that?

1 comment:

Chris Dickson, F.L.A. said...

My dearest Megan-

"But we hope for what we do not see, we wait for it with patience." Romans 8:25

When the time is right, Megan, you will know. God will give you an unmistakable sign. Until that time comes, take solace by resting in His loving arms.