Friday, October 6, 2006

Moonbeams

I love the moon. I'm not someone who pulls out thier high-powered telescope to probe the moon's surface, or read up on the history of every single meteor that's buried deep in it's surface. I just like the moon. It glows. It's big and white-gray. God made it. Ergo, I love the moon.

God keeps waking me up all weeklong around 2-4am. Why? Because when I go to bed, the moon is not visible to me, and so I never see it. Rather, if God didn't wake me up at 2-4 am in the morning for the last few nights, I'd never see the moon. God wakes me up at the exact moment the moon is at perfect eye level to where I'm in my bed. I don't have to turn around. I don't have to lift my head. I don't have to shift out of the bedclothes that I've pulled snug around me. It's too perfect to be chance.

2 comments:

Chris Dickson, F.L.A. said...

Thank you Megan.

Last night I stood outside the Hermitage in Jerusalem, Ohio and stared at the moon. It was magnificent! I felt I could reach up and touch it!

Then I remembered the story of St. Francis ringing the bells of the church to awaken the entire town of Assisi, pointing to the beauty of the moon and not wishing for anyone to miss it...But alas, we have no bell and even if we did, the next door neighbor is approx. five miles away, so I drank in the splendor of the moment; alone with my God!

Anonymous said...

Have you ever thought about the Sisters of St. Francis of the Martyr St. George? www.altonfranciscans.org