Monday, December 11, 2006

Mass and revelations

I always pursued child development and sociology rather blindly because it was a good field and somewhat interesting to me.

I now know that I entered the right field of study. God told me so on Saturday night.

I was able to attend Mass Sunday evening, and found that I did not like the Mass that I usually attend: there was little mention of Advent. The only sign it was the Advent season was the purple drop cloth behind the altar, but the hymns were not one of reverence, or longing for Christ, rather they were the up-beat ones the 5pm Mass has adopted in order to draw in the youth. I'm thinking of the other Masses, to try and see which one I would prefer, maybe the 9am or 10:45am Mass. 10:45 am is more likely as it shouldn't interrupt the family's breakfast routine. Of course there is always the option of a 7:30am Mass, but I don't think the reception of that would be any warmer than the shift to a 10:45am attendance.

1 comment:

Hidden One said...

As a youth desperately trying to make the journey into the Catholic Church, I can confidently say that up-beat stuff is not what I want at Mass [except perhaps at an appropriate occasion] - but then again, Im'n strange that way. If I want upbeat worship - well, that's why I rip all my music onto my computer.

Some wise dude once said, 'What you draw people with, you draw people to.' Draw youth with reverence and we will be reverent! Draw us with... well, you get the picture.

Sorry for commenting on an older post.

Sincerely in Christ,
Hidden One