Thursday, February 15, 2007

If there is one thing I had to say that I like about the Divine Mercy Chaplet is it's memorizability. I don't have to memorize 4 different Mysteries, but the opening and closing prayers. It's portable ... its okay if I forget my Rosary at home, I can just use my fingers and not worry about accidentally skipping a fruit of a Mystery. I can use the different "beads" as articulations through out the day as well.
***
If there were to be just one struggle about Christian, it's that everyone expects you to be perfect, and promptly forget that we are all sinners. Last time I checked, only God Triune is perfect. Not even Mary. Everyone needs salvation. So, why are we treated like we are supposed to be perfect. We all have that desire, but we will inevitably fail and thus, the purpose behind His Cruxifiction & Resurrection. But my parents and family quickly ignore that fact, since I am the only practicing Catholic at home, and hold me up to this impeccable standard. They lecture me when I stray from it. It's not a big deal if they themselves stray from it because, heck, it doesn't apply to them in thier minds!
***
Sirach 2
My son, when you come to serve the LORD,
prepare yourself for trials.
Be sincere of heart and steadfast,
undisturbed in time of adversity.
Cling to Him, forsake Him not;
thus will your future be great.
Accept whatever befalls you, in crushing misfortune be patient;
For in fire gold is tested,
and worthy men in the crucible of
humiliation.
Trust God and He will help you;
make straight your ways and hope in Him.

You who fear the LORD, wait for His mercy,
turn not away lest you fall.
You who fear the LORD, trust Him,
and your reward will not be lost.
you who fear the LORD, hope for good
things,
for lasting joy and mercy.
Study the generations long past and understand;
has anyone hoped in the LORD and been
disappointed?
Has anyone persevered in his fear and been
forsaken?
has anyone called upon him and been
rebuffed?
Compassionate and merciful is the LORD;
he forgives sins, he saves in time of
trouble.

Woe to craven hearts and drooping hands,
to the sinner who treads a double path!
Woe to the faint of heart who trust not,
who therefore will have no shelter!
Woe to yu who have lost hope!
what will you do at the visitation of the LORD?
Those who fear the LORD disobey not his words;
those who fear him seek to please him,
those who love him are filled with his
law.
Those who fear the LORD prepare their
hearts
and humble themselves before him.
Let us fall into the hands of the LORD.
and not into the hands of men,
For equal to his majesty is the mercy that he shows.
Amen.

1 comment:

Hidden One said...

Having read a couple months of posts, and commented on a couple [thanks for dropping by 'Written in Memories' btw] I have decided to link to your blog at www.exhortingchristians.blogspot.com - I hope you do not mind.

Sincerely in Christ,
Hidden One.