Wednesday, February 21, 2007

Lent is upon us

Goals set for Lent
  • maintain daily Divine Mercy
  • resume daily Rosary
  • read the Gospel of Mark
  • begin weekly Eucharistic Adoration

In all, good habits to develope in 40 days, that hopefully will cement and become lifelong habits that bear great fruit.

***

I am currently trying to decide when and how I will break fast. I could do it extremely late at night like I have planned all along, or I could go grab something minor like a yougurt to make sure I don't get woozy and looney. My stomach and mental faculties like the later. My stubborness like the former.

***

Isaiah 40:3-4
A voice cries out: In the desert prepare the way of the LORD! Make straight in the wasteland a highway for our God! Every valley shall be filled in, every mountain and hill shall be made low; The rugged land shall be made a plain, the rough country, a broad valley.

Malachi 3:1
Lo, I am sending my messenger to prepare the way before me; And suddenly there will come to the temple the LORD whom you seek, And the messenger of the covenant whom you desire. Yes, he is coming, say the LORD of hosts.

Exodus 23:20-22
"See, I am sending an angel before you, to guard you on the way and bring you to the place I have prepared. Be attentive to him and heed his voice. Do not rebel against him, for he will not forgive your sin. My authority resides in him. If you heed his voice and carry out all I tell you, I will be an enemy to your enemies and a foe to your foes.

1 comment:

Doug said...

Very good site, I've added you to my blog list.