Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Starting Internship

My days, already draining, are now certifiably insane.

Monday through Friday I work 8am to 2pm.  
Every Monday I have class from 5 to 6 pm in a city 45 minutes away from where I work, if traffic is good.  
Tuesday through Friday I have internship from 3 to at least 6pm.

On top of this I have Confirmation to teach every other Sunday; and find time for therapy, and personal down time.

***

The boss at the internship is like a little boy showing off a brand new toy; it's not a start-up, but they are branching out into doing substance abuse treatment in local high schools: El Monte, San Pedro, Lomita, &c.  He's very eager to show off what he's done to get the paperwork and networking with school sites into place.  He's also very sociable and extroverted, with sarcasm.  What absolutely drives me up the wall (and this just after the first day) is his lack of organization.  He's got things planned out, but the Rolodex is brand new and he doesn't regard it as a cool new tool, as I do.  While the paperwork is to the T, it's laid back, and there's no instruction on typical shorthand, what to do in regards to paperwork, etc.  I like the details, knowing all that allows my rote to kick in while my wheels whir and spin solving problems.

stinking extrovert

I'm already being made fun of for not having my planner ready today, but I will for tomorrow.  

No comments: