Thursday, August 31, 2006

Jesus said to the disciples, "Keep awake therefore, for you do not know on what day your Lord is coming. But understand this: that if the owner of the house had known in what part of the night the thief was coming, he would have stayed awake and would not have let his house be broken into. Therefore, you also must be ready, for the Son of Man is coming at an unexpected hour." Matthew 24:42-44 Retrieved from Here.

Of course at the forefront of my mind after I've read this several times is Tuesday's episodes, and all I keep in my mind is that I knew it was coming, and yet still wasn't quite prepared for it. Oh, I recovered enough to take authority over it, but I didn't do so forcefully enough during the first episode to prevent the other three from occuring? Or that I didn't take enough time during my evening prayers to ask for protection from things I knew were going to occur at some point. I slacked off on things I knew were going to occur, what kind of watchman does that make me into for something as uncertain as the coming of my Lord?

No comments: