Thursday, September 7, 2006

I don't need more frustrations, folks!

My big mouth. I am confused about the responses I am getting from friends regarding my vocation discernment. Some people I told last night were surprised, but happy and supportive. Others didn't seem to register the new information, and didn't say anything at all. I suppose that could be from shock, but I thought people would be happy for me. I'm happy with the discernment, and sometimes I feel like I've already made the decision, and perhaps in my heart I have. In prayer I do accept it, so I guess I have. Yet, it's difficult for me to figure out who it is that will support me and who will not.

I know that my family doesn't support me. No surprises there at all. However, some friends who've been supportive of many other things, other religious turning points in my life, remain silent, walk off, or don't facially express any cognitive registration of what I've told them. Psychologically and emotionally, I need to know that people are backing me up on this. I know that the majority of people here on Xanga do, but in my day-to-day actions why do I get more affirmation and support from an Iranian friend than from my Christian friends?

Also, I want to shout this point in my life from the mountain tops, yet I desperately want anonymity. I want to keep it this happy little secret between myself and God, but at the same time I want the whole world to know. It's making life difficult because I am so happy, and so many things and ideas are fascinating to me, and I so desperately want to tell all my friends and all the people I come across; yet something holds me back. This feeling of needing to hold back makes me feel as though there will be a perfect time to disclose everything. However, with my being a senior, small talk consists of what I am doing for grad school, what my target school is and why. People ask if I'm dating, I have to explain why I am not. &c.
It's a joy, but it sucks. Does that make sense to you?

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Hang in there... I'll remember you in my prayers