Tuesday, February 22, 2011

can't catch up

The question was posed in a comment: whether I ever pray for myself?  Only when I'm desperate.

***

I've been taking work home these past few days.  I've been trying to catch up on all the paperwork: Individual Plans of Care, social work group schedule, arranging the Volunteer Manual, and making the next month's list of quarterly and reassessments.  All this paperwork.  All these senior citizens with a multitude of problems, and I dont have enough energy or resources to help them all. I can't meet the paperwork deadlines and meet all the participants and monitor all their psychosocial needs.

I hate feeling useless.

--


Faith lives on things that are most dark, just as hope lives best on the elements of despair.  -- Blessed Nivard, OSB Cist.



No comments: